Retrofitting your home for LED
If you are still using the old bulbs, you can retrofit your home into the new LED lights with new features and latest technology to bring in more energy efficiency in your home. LED lights are a bit different comparing to the other old lights. When you consider retrofitting, do it to all light fixtures to be able to see the difference and enjoy the full benefit of LED. You will need to change the hardware that you were using before because it’s not compatible with LED lights, you must buy the compatible ones. LED have become very popular because of the benefits they have and their durability and long lifespan.
Before you start buying LED products to retrofit your home you must consider the following;
- What color shades does your kitchen have. If you add the proper LED bulb like the LED strip lighting with the right color to your kitchen, it can have proper lighting and look wonderful from floor to ceiling. LED lights can survive in the case of there is too much heat in the kitchen.
- Consider LEDs cones for your bathroom that will create a bathroom that will shave flattering lights with the right temperature.
- In the living room consider LED down lighting. Retrofit your living room with recessed lights to increase efficiency and create a dazzling light as a center piece.
- The bedroom can have LED in the flooring and table lamps to get ambient lighting. The table lamps and floor lamps create a welcoming room where you can choose between crisp and bright lighting.
Here are benefits of retrofitting your home;
- To bring in quality lighting. LED can illuminate your house where the lights become brighter and more effective comparing to traditional lighting and the house become well lit.
- You will save money on energy bills. LED are expensive when buying but they will save you cash in the long run with reduced energy bills. This bulb also lasts longer and will save on replacement.
- LED have custom design. LED are designed in different ways where you can choose according to your taste or have a custom layout specifically for your home.
- They are energy efficient. You can keep the rights on without using too much energy like before. The bulbs have sensors and will dim whenever there is enough light unlike the traditional one you must switch off. You can work on reducing your carbon footprint and be able to reduce the electricity bill.
- The will save you a lot of time. Traditional bulbs get damaged now and then and you will be forced to change regularly. Led have a long life-span and which will reduce the frequency of changing your bulbs. If you use led for 8 hours a day, the bulb will take around 20 years before you change it.
If you are looking for longtime solution on home lighting and saving on energy bills, consider retrofitting your house with LED lighting.